When espresso loses its shine, the first place for the barista to look is in the cleanliness of the machine. A dirty group head can compromise the quality of an otherwise great shot of coffee. Cafetto Espresso Clean can handle the clean-up without tainting the coffee; as well, it’s non-corrosive so will not damage the espresso machine.
Instructions – Group Heads:
1. Remove coffee filter from group handle, replacing it with the “blind” filter
2. For daily cleaning, pour 1 level scoop of Espresso Machine Cleaner into the group handle. Then insert as if brewing espresso. If the machine is cleaned less often, use 2 scoops.
3. Start cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve the cleaner completely. Stop the cycle, allowing machine to sit for 10 seconds.
4. Start and stop cycle 4 more times, running for 10 seconds and stopping for 10 seconds.
5. Remove the group handle and rinse well under a stream of water from the delivery group. Turn off.
6. Re-insert handle with blind filter to begin rinse process. Start and stop cycle 10 times, running for 5 seconds and stopping for 2 seconds. Remove blind filter and insert regular brewing filter.
7. Brew and discard a single espresso shot to re-season the machine.
Instructions – Group Handles:
Cafetto Espresso Clean is also NSF tested and certified to protocol 152, ensuring its safety and effectiveness.